Checklist Schengen Visa - Internship less than 90 Days
For identification purposes and fingerprints, applicants are required to present during visa submission and each applicant has to submit the following documents:
- 1 duly completed Schengen Visa application form: Online Application
- 1 biometric passport-size photograph, not older than 6 months. Please follow these passport / ID photo guidelines
- Valid passport (data page and signature page only; minimum 6 months remaining passport validity upon returning to Malaysia) (original + 1 copy)
- Malaysian permit/ permanent residence (minimum 3 month validity upon returning to Malaysia) (original + 1 copy)
- Previous Schengen Visas including entry and exit stamps (original + 1 copy)
- Internship agreement/ contract from Germany with the complete Address of the Company in Germany (original + 1 copy)
- Proof of your past qualifications/ educations (certificates) in English or with a German translation (original + 1 copy):
- Cambridge A- Levels (complete)
- Bachelors etc.
- Academic qualifications/ German university degree or recognized foreign degree comparable to a German degree (original + 1 copy)
Note: The recognition of your university degree and course can be proven on the ANABIN website under http://anabin.kmk.org. Please make sure the university and the exact course as stated on your certificate has the H+ status. A screenshot of the recognition on ANABIN will have to be submitted along with your visa application. Should your university and/or exact course not be listed on ANABIN or has the H+/- status then a recognition process will have to be done by the Central Office of International Education (Zentralstelle für ausländisches Bildungswesen) firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please bear in mind that this may take time!
- Preapproval letter (ZAV Schreiben) from the Federal Employment Agency (Bundesagentur für Arbeit) in Germany (to be applied by the German company) (original + 1 copy)
- Flight itinerary and proof of accommodation (complete address of accommodation/ hotel reservation) (1 copy)
- Travel insurance with minimum coverage of € 30.000,- (it is compulsory for spouses of German nationals to submit the insurance - spouses of citizens of other EU member states are exempted from providing this proof) (1 copy)
Visa fee: Fees
Processing time: minimum 7 days
Please ensure that your application documents are complete! Incomplete applications may result in rejection of the visa application.
Each visa application will be reviewed individually. Therefore the requested documents may vary. The Embassy reserves the right to ask for additional documents at all times.
This information is regularly updated but makes no claim to be complete.