For identification purposes and fingerprints, applicants are required to present during visa submission and each applicant has to submit the following documents:
- 1 duly completed Schengen Visa application form: Online Application
- 1 biometric passport-size photograph, not older than 6 months). Please follow these passport / ID photo guidelines
- Valid passport (data page and signature page only; minimum 6 months remaining passport validity upon returning to Malaysia) (original + 1 copy)
- Malaysian permit/ permanent residence (minimum 3 month validity upon returning to Malaysia) (original + 1 copy) NOTE: the e-pass is not acceptable; the valid visa sticker in the passport is the required documentation
- Previous Schengen Visas including entry and exit stamps (original + 1 copy)
- Invitation letter from the company in Germany containing Formal Obligation in accordance with sections 66 and 68 of the Residence Act (1 copy)
- Declaration of the inviting company to cover all travel expenses (1 copy)
- Statement from employer stating the duration of your vacation/ leave/ holiday, as well as your monthly income and the date of your commencement of employment (original)
Proof of sufficient funds
· bank statements certified by the bank (original)
· salary slips from the past 3 months (1 copy)
- Flight itinerary (1 copy)
- Proof of accommodation (complete address of accommodation/ hotel reservation) (1 copy)
- Travel insurance with minimum coverage of € 30.000,- (it is compulsory for spouses of German nationals to submit the insurance - spouses of citizens of other EU member states are exempted from providing this proof) (1 copy)
- Valid rental agreement or proof of house ownership in Malaysia (original + 1 copy)
Visa fee: Fees
Processing time: minimum 7 days
Please ensure that your application documents are complete! Incomplete applications may result in rejection of the visa application.
Each visa application will be reviewed individually. Therefore the requested documents may vary. The Embassy reserves the right to ask for additional documents at all times.
This information is regularly updated but makes no claim to be complete.