Checklist Schengen Visa - Spouse of a German or EU Citizen
For identification purposes and fingerprints, applicants are required to present during visa submission and each applicant has to submit the following documents:
- 1 duly completed Schengen Visa application: Online Application
- 1 biometric passport-size photograph, not older than 6 months. Please follow these passport / ID photo guidelines
- Valid passport (data page and signature page only; minimum 6 months remaining passport validity upon returning to Malaysia) (original + 1 copy)
- Malaysian permit/ permanent residence (minimum 3 month validity upon returning to Malaysia) (original + 1 copy)
- Previous Schengen visas including entry and exit stamps (original + 1 copy)
- Copy of your spouse passport including Malaysian permit/ permanent residence (1 copy)
- Marriage certificate (original + 1 copy)
- Copy of your children’s passport including Malaysian permit/ permanent residence (if applicable) (1 copy)
- Birth certificate of your children (original + 1 copy)
Travel insurance with minimum coverage of € 30.000,- (it is compulsory for spouses of German nationals to submit the insurance - spouses of citizens of other EU member states are exempted from providing this proof) (1 copy)
- proof of accommodation (1 copy):
- invitee in Germany (copy of ID and full address)
- hotel booking in Germany (if applicable)
Visa fee: free of charge
Processing time: minimum 7 days
Please ensure that your application documents are complete! Incomplete applications may result in rejection of the visa application.
Each visa application will be reviewed individually. Therefore the requested documents may vary. The Embassy reserves the right to ask for additional documents at all times.
This information is regularly updated but makes no claim to be complete.