For identification purposes and fingerprints, applicants are required to present during visa submission and each applicant has to submit the following documents:
- 1 duly completed Schengen Visa application form: Online Application
- 1 biometric passport-size photograph (grey or white background, facial expression must be neutral with the mouth closed and looking directly at the camera, not older than 6 months). Please follow these passport / ID photo guidelines
- Valid passport (data page and signature page only; minimum 6 months remaining passport validity upon returning to Malaysia) (original + 1 copy)
- Malaysian permit/ permanent residence (minimum 3 month validity upon returning to Malaysia) (original + 1 copy)
- Previous Schengen Visas including entry and exit stamps (original + 1 copy)
- Appointment letter from the German hospital/ doctor signed and stamped. The letter should state the nature of treatment, estimated time of recovery, the need for return visits and estimated cost of treatment (1 copy)
- Recent medical report and referral letter from a Malaysian hospital/ specialist stating that treatment is not possible in Malaysia (1 copy)
- Letter from the school/ college/ university/ institute in Malaysia stating your duration of holiday/ grant of study leave/ semester break (original)
- Statement from employer stating the purpose and duration of your travel/ designation including your monthly income and the date of your commencement of employment (original)
- Flight itinerary (1 copy)
- Proof of accommodation (complete address of accommodation/ hotel reservation) (1 copy)
- Travel insurance with minimum coverage of € 30.000,- (not applicable for spouse of EU-Members) (1 copy)
- Proof of sufficient funds (bank statements and salary slips from the past 3 months) (1 copy)
- Valid rental agreement or proof of house ownership in Malaysia (original + 1 copy)
Both parents are required to be present at the embassy if the applicant is below 18 years old.
Visa fee: € 80 (payable in Malaysian Ringgit, cash only)
Processing time: minimum 7 days
Please ensure that your application documents are complete! Incomplete applications may result in rejection of the visa application.
Each visa application will be reviewed individually. Therefore the requested documents may vary. The Embassy reserves the right to ask for additional documents at all times.
This information is regularly updated but makes no claim to be complete.