Legalization of any other Public Document


Step 1 - Obtain an “Endorsement”

First, you must obtain a so-called “endorsement” of the document by the competent Malaysian authorities or by a Malaysian notary public. Such endorsement can only be recognized in Germany, if the certificate is not only stamped and signed by the corresponding body, but also contains a statement that the person who signed the certificate in question was legally authorized to sign this certificate.

Important: Documents, which do not contain such a statement on the authority of the signatory, can not be legalized by the German Embassy Kuala Lumpur.

Step 2- Authentication by the Consular Section

In a second step the document must be authenticated by the Consular Section of the Malaysian Ministry of Foreign Affairs. The document is to be submitted at the Consular Section of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (Wisma Putra) in Putrajaya. For detailed information on the procedure and possible service fees, please contact the Ministry directly:

Wisma Putra
No. 1, Jalan Wisma Putra
Presint 2
62602 Putrajaya
Tel: 03-8887 4000 (General Line)
Fax: 03-8889 1717

Step 3 - Legalization by the Embassy

After “endorsement” and “authentication” of the document following the above procedures, the document can be legalized by the Embassy during our normal opening times. You have to book an appointment.


Note: You do not have to come to the Embassy in person, but you can also send a representative to get the legalization.

Translation Services

In most cases a translation of the document is necessary as well. The translation should be done after the “authentification” by Wisma Putra to insure that the stamp is translated as well.

Top of page