Willkommen auf den Seiten des Auswärtigen Amts

Student Visa, Student Exchange Visa, PhD/Research Visa, Language Course Visa, Internship Visa


All persons, who wish to study at a high school, college or university, intend to do a language course or an internship in Germany, are required to apply for a National Visa.

The necessary visa has to be issued prior to entering Germany.
The residence title cannot be issued while in Germany as a tourist. Applicants who have not yet been accepted at a certain university can apply for a student applicant’s visa.

Please carefully read all the information provided below with regards to the visa application process, the proof of financial stability and how to open a blocked bank account.

Information on the Visa Application Process

Student Visa
Student Applicant Visa
Student Visa - Exchange Programme
PhD/Research Visa
Preparatory Language Course for further Studies in Germany
Language Course Visa
Internship Visa

Proof of financial Stability and opening of a blocked Account

Proof of financial Stability
Opening of a blocked account (Sperrkonto) in Germany

Application Form

Application Form National Visa

nach oben