The Embassy of the Federal Republic of Germany in Kuala Lumpur is seeking an Assistant Desk Officer (Local contract, full-time) from 1 December 2020.
The position will mainly include the following duties and responsibilities:
- Contributing to the public affairs work of the Embassy by writing / editing German and English texts, including speeches
- Independent planning and organization of cultural events and activities
- Liaising with German Institutions in Malaysia (e.g. DAAD, Goethe Institut)
- Networking with Malaysian and German artists, educational and cultural institutions, and media
- Communication with German authorities
- Contributing to operational planning of visits and programs
- Research and preparing drafts on political issues
- Accounting and other administrative tasks
Candidates should meet the following criteria:
- Exceptionally good knowledge of German and English (written and spoken); good knowledge of Bahasa Malaysia is considered a strong asset
- Comprehensive knowledge of basic information technology (Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point), social media (Facebook, Instagram) and good knowledge of designing graphics
- University or polytechnic degree
- Ability to work flexible hours according to the needs of the press, culture and political departments
- Social and intercultural competence
- Ability to work in a team, dedication, and organizational skills
- Creativity and willingness to work independently
- Experience in the field of cultural work or work with media organizations
German nationality is not required. Applicant must be permanent resident in Malaysia.
The salary is based on the pay scheme for locally employed staff of the German Embassy Kuala Lumpur and currently amounts to MYR 7.664,00/month gross.
Written applications (motivation letter, CV, certificates) are requested until (not later than) 23 October 2020 to:
Embassy of the Federal Republic of Germany
26th Floor, Menara Tan & Tan, P.O. Box 10023
207, Jalan Tun Razak, 50400 Kuala Lumpur
Only applicants who will be invited to an interview will receive a notification. Expenses incurred for travelling to the interview cannot be reimbursed. The application documents will not be returned.