The Embassy of the Federal Republic of Germany in Kuala Lumpur is seeking
an Officer for Political, Cultural and Media Affairs
(Local contract, full-time) from 1 March 2022.
The position will mainly include the following duties and responsibilities:
- Contributing to the public affairs work of the Embassy by writing / editing English texts, including speeches
- Independent planning and organization of cultural events and activities
- Liaising with German Institutions in Malaysia (e.g. DAAD, Goethe Institut)
- Networking with Malaysian and German artists, educational and cultural institutions, and media
- Planning programs for and organising journeys of the Ambassador within the country
- Contributing to planning and organising visits and programs for delegations from Germany
- Research and preparing drafts on political issues
- Preparing a regular news overview
- Administrative Tasks
Candidates should meet the following criteria:
- Exceptionally good knowledge of English and Bahasa Malaysia (written and spoken); good knowledge of German is considered a strong asset
- Comprehensive knowledge of basic information technology (Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point), social media (Facebook, Instagram) and good knowledge of designing graphics
- University or polytechnic degree
- Ability to work flexible hours according to the needs of the press, culture and political departments
- Social and intercultural competence
- Ability to work in a team, dedication, and organizational skills
- Creativity and willingness to work independently
- Experience in the field of cultural work or work with media organizations
German nationality is not required. Applicant must be permanent resident in Malaysia and hold a valid resident pass and work permit.
The salary is based on the pay scheme for locally employed staff of the German Embassy Kuala Lumpur and, depending on language proficiency, currently amounts to approx.. MYR 7.000,00/month gross.
Written applications (motivation letter, CV, certificates) are requested by email only until (not later than) 28 January 2022, to:
Embassy of the Federal Republic of Germany Kuala Lumpur
Only applicants who will be invited to an interview will receive a notification. Expenses incurred for travelling to the interview cannot be reimbursed.
Thank you for your interest in working at one of Germany’s missions abroad. The following notice is intended to inform you about how we deal with your personal data and to fulfil our obligations under Article 13 of the GDPR.