The position will mainly include the following duties and responsibilities:
- Maintenance of fittings and fixtures of the Embassy
- Carrying out and assisting in general repair work of appliances and equipment including minor electrical and plumbing works
- Supervising suppliers and contractors
- Respond to building service calls
- Moving and installing furniture
- Loading and unloading of deliveries
- Technical event set-up and supervision
Candidates should meet the following criteria:
- Training or previous experience in a technical profession (preferably electricity, alternatively plumbing)
- Good command of English and Bahasa Malaysia; some knowledge of German is considered a strong asset
- Possession of a valid drivers license
- Good physical health, must be able to lift a moderate amount of weight
- Comprehensive knowledge of basic information technology (Microsoft Word, e-mail programs etc.)
- Strong sense of responsibility
- Strong service orientation, communication and teamwork skills
German nationality is not required. Applicant must be permanent resident in Malaysia and hold a valid resident pass and work permit.
The salary is based on the pay scheme for locally employed staff of the German Embassy Kuala Lumpur and currently amounts to MYR 3,162.00/month gross.
If successful, you will be subject to background/security and health checks prior to taking up employment. Your cooperation in this is a condition of employment.
Only applicants who will be invited to an interview will receive a notification. The interview is expected to be held on 8 July 2022. Expenses incurred for travelling to the interview cannot be reimbursed.
Further information about the Embassy can be found at www.kuala-lumpur.diplo.de
Data protection information pursuant to Article 13 of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) can be found here.
Thank you for your interest in working at one of Germany’s missions abroad. The following notice is intended to inform you about how we deal with your personal data and to fulfil our obligations under Article 13 of the GDPR.